Cooking With: Frederik Darre
The past twelve months have been undeniably aberrant, not to mention abhorrent, but one positive thing that we've picked up is a good home cooked meal. We have enjoyed cooking our favorite Italian dishes and experimenting with new cuisines. However, we still find ourselves coming up short with recipes to cook every now and then, so we felt that it could be a good idea to reach out to our friends and ask them to share their favorite dish while documenting the process to put us in the right mood. First up is photographer and friend, Frederik Darre, cooking spaghetti with octopus ragout for his girlfriend Hanna on their Italian date night.
Frederik wears ANOTHER Shirt 2.1, Black (see more).
And now, the recipe... serves 4-5 persons
1. Run the octopus through a meat mincer. If you do not have one, cut the meat into fine cubes
2. Then run celeriac, carrot, chili, garlic and onion through the meat muncher or in a food processor
3. Heat extra virgin olive oil in large pan and sauté the vegetables under a lid for 10-15 mins, without taking on color. Add the anchovies and grated lemon peel and then the chopped octopus. Boil while stirring for approx 15 min. Add white wine, fish broth, capers and peeled tomatoes and cook for another 15 min
4. Press the ink out and into the pan, and cook the stew further over low heat for approx 30 min. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper
5. Boil the pasta in salted water until it's al dente. Put it in the pan with the stew and cook it all well together for a minute or two. Add parsley, lemon juice and butter, and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper
6. Serve on a large platter